What is Endometrial Hyperplasia
Endometrium is inner lining of uterus. Hyperplasia is excessive growth of cells. Endometrial Hyperplasia is excessive cell growth or thickness of inner lining of uterus.
- Heavy bleeding during periods
- Prolonged periods
- Passing clots during periods
- Frequent or early periods
- Spotting between two periods
- Lower back or abdomen pain in period
- Weight gain, centripetal obesity
- Weakness, lethargy
- Mood swing,depression, negativity
Endometrial hyperplasia is an oestrogen predominant condition.
What happens during a normal menstrual cycle
- Every month few eggs are recruited inside ovary for development
- Out of these only one develops nicely & at mid cycle ovulation takes place
- Developing egg inside ovary secretes oestrogen before ovulation & it secretes progesterone after ovulation
- Oestrogen is responsible for cell growth & increased thickness of endometrium while progesterone is responsible to balance this estrogenic effect on endometrium by reducing its compactness & thickness to a certain level.
- Hence whenever there is a condition of having excessive estrogen in the body & less / no progesterone to balance, it results in endometrial hyperplasia.
Causes as per Ayurveda
- Excessive consumption of salty, sour, heavy, heat generating, food that creates burning sensation, oily, fatty foo- eating before previous meal is digested
- Excessive intake of alcoholic beverages
- Not having meals on time
- Not following proper sleep patterns
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive grief
- Obesity / emaciation
Understanding Endometrial Hyperplasia as per Ayurveda
- Above mentioned causes aggravates Vata (energy responsible for movement) & Pitta ( energy responsible for transformations)
- The amount of acidic blood is increased
- Due to abnormal movements of Vata, it enters uterus & ovarian vessels in increased amount than usual
- This rapidly increases thickness of inner lining
- Simply put,increased amount of menstrual blood is due to excessive blood supply or congestion to the uterus & ovaries
Ayurveda has a permanent cure for Endometrial Hyperplasia.
- It reduces blood acidity
- Improves functions of Vata to avoid excessive blood entry to uterine vessels
- Reduces thickness of endometrium
- Achieves hormonal balance by supporting proper ovulation
- Arrests heavy bleeding, clotting by astringent & cold potency formulations
- Reduces congestion at uterus