Why Should You Eat & Avoid Specific Foods In PCOS/PCOD?
- Food that you eat is mixed with digestive juices in the body, through which the body gets nutrition and essential proteins.
- Sometimes, food items that you eat have unequal proportions of fats, carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins which causes it to digest improperly.
- This impartially digested food then secretes harmful toxins in the body called Ama in Ayurveda.
- The harmful toxins get accumulated in the ovaries, which then form poly or multiple cysts.
- After the formation of follicular cysts, the normal function of the ovary- ovulation and menstruation is blocked which results in delayed/irregular periods, increase in weight, infertility or inability to conceive.
PCOS/PCOD Food Myths Debunked:
Myth 1: I Hate Carbs!
Our body needs carbohydrates to function well and this can be easily done by choosing between healthy and harmful carbohydrates. For example, a bowl of Mac & Cheese is loaded with inflammatory ingredients, gluten and produces harmful toxins in the body while a bowl of Quinoa is a good source of magnesium and protein fibers.
Myth 2: All Dairy Is Bad Dairy In PCOS/PCOD
Dairy sure is the the reason for inflammation in many women in PCOS/PCOD. Preventing dairy completely can sometimes be difficult but you can consume dairy in limited amount.
Myth 3: I Cannot Eat Junk Food Ever Again!
Control the portion of your meals and you are good to go. Do not forget, poor food habits can trigger inflammation in PCOS/PCOD.
Myth 4: Its The Fat That I Have To Eliminate!
Just like carbohydrates, the right fats for your body are important for its functioning. The wrong fats are difficult to digest in the stomach bag, which increases weight and must be eliminated completely from the diet.
Myth 5: You Cannot Eat Any Fruits
Often people tend to follow diet regulations which aren't backed up by scientific facts. Fruits are a good source of important vitamins and proteins needed for the body. Food with a skin can be devoured without any guilt. Pineapples and watermelons also can be included in your diet. Fruits containing carbohydrates, should be consumed at fixed intervals, following portion control.
What is Gynoveda's Ultimate PCOS/PCOD Diet Plan?
A team of India's top ayurvedic gynecologists at Gynoveda have formulated an easy diet plan for women suffering from PCOS/PCOD and eventually help them to lose unwanted weight in PCOS/PCOD.
Attention: Gynoveda Diet Plan, not only assists in reducing weight but also improves fertility and helps you to conceive.