White Discharge also known as vaginal fluid, is a white, sticky discharge that every woman experiences. This white discharge is normal and also considered to be a sign of good vaginal health. White discharge regulates the pH balance of the vagina by flushing out harmful toxins from the body.
Normal white discharge is also seen during menstruation, pregnancy and if you are consuming birth control pills or hormonal pills. But, if this discharge changes in texture, is abnormal and smells fishy or foul, it must be immediately treated.
Watch This Video To Know The Leading Reasons Of White Discharge
Few Reasons of White Vaginal Discharge That You Must Know
- Normal pH Balance of the Vagina - Watery white discharge before/after periods is normal and is a sign of good period health
- Yeast Infections - Yeast infections, scientifically termed as Candidiasis, are a common cause of thick/white discharge. The discharge is similar to the texture of 'cottage cheese'. It smells and causes itching in intimate area.
- Bacterial Vaginosis - Bacterial Vaginosis is usually a result of imbalance of the pH levels in the vagina. It is a bacterial infection which causes itching and a release of smelly/whitish gray discharge.
- Hormone Pills/OCPs - Birth control pills or hormone pills impact hormonal balance which cause white discharge.
- Pregnancy - White discharge is very common in pregnant women. The discharge is usually thick and creamy.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases/STDs - Sexually Transmitted Diseases like HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, AIDS, and Trichomonas usually leave a foul-smelling discharge which can range from creamy white to greenish in color.
Cure Vaginal White Discharge Naturally With Ayurveda