What is P.I.D
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease or PID is inflammation of any part of female reproductive system which includes cervix, uterus, endometrium, fallopian tubes & ovaries. Inflammation is a condition in which any part of the body becomes reddened, swollen, hot, and often painful, due to injury or infection.
As per Ayurveda there are different types of PID and its associated symptoms:
- Pain, irregular periods cycles, watery discharge are predominant symptoms in vata PID
- Vaginal burning, heavy bleeding, yellowish or greenish discharge is common in pitta PID, also called Bacterial Vaginosis
- Thick-white discharge, vaginal itching, dull pain is strong indicator of kapha PID or Candidiasis
As per modern science, its broadly attributes to inflammation or infection caused due to:
- Vaginal surgical procedures
- Insertion of IUCD
- Unprotected sex
- Multiple sex partner
- Unhygienic conditions
- Low immunity of reproductive system
However, Acharya Charak, one of the renowned master of Ayurveda scripted 20 gynecological disorders in his Vedic scripture ‘Charak Samhita’. Ayurveda, one of the oldest medical science in the world perfectly decoded woman anatomy almost 4000 years ago that still stays relevant in modern times.
As per Ayurveda, root cause of PID is due to:
- Unnatural sex
- Suppression of urination, defecation
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Faulty Diet
- Irregular sleeping patterns
All of these factors weakens metabolism & immunity making the body prone to inflammation & infection.
Ayurveda science of PID:
Due to faulty diet & lifestyle, there’s excessive production of kapha or ‘Ama’, a sticky mucus-like substance. Healthy kapha builds immunity and self-defence from bad bacteria whereas Ama destroys it. Ama mixes with blood and reaches reproductive system.
Ama lowers cell immunity and alters permeability of cells in reproductive system. Cells starts oozing fluid which is nothing but inflammation. PID can be due to internal or external factors.
When some external trauma like surgery, prolonged labour, IUCD, sexual activity happens with reproductive system, bad bacteria gets entry leading to inflammation of reproductive system.
However, when our immunity or body’s self-defence is high, it protects us from bad bacteria and wounds heal naturally. This naturally protects us from chronic inflammations & infections.
Modern science mostly provides symptomatic relif. Therefore….
Ayurveda is rapidly emerging as the best medical science in world to treat most modern day disorders like PID, PCOD, diabetes, asthma or arthritis. Ayurvedic herbs eliminates the deep-seated root cause of any disease and naturally restores biological balance in the body.
Ayurvedic herbs treats root cause of PID as it: –
- Detoxify Ama
- Herbal acts as natural & safe antibiotics with no side effects
- Eliminates inflammation & infections
- Strengthen immunity to control repeat occurrences