What is Fibroid
Cysts seen in uterine muscles are known as Fibroids. Fibroid is a compact mass made up of dense fibrous tissue & smooth muscles found in uterus.
- Heavy bleeding during periods
- Sudden gush of blood during periods staining clothes
- Passing clots during periods
- Dull continuous backache
- Frequent or early periods
- Irregular periods
- Spotting between two periods( breakthrough bleeding)
- Heaviness in lower abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of lower abdomen
- Difficulty in passing urine, stool, flatus(pressure symptom due to big fibroid)
- Frequency of urination (pressure symptom)
Causes as per modern science
- Excessive intake of non vegetarian diet
- Excessive intake of sweet, oily, fatty food
- Lack of exercise
- Lack of routine in sleeping & meal timings
- All above mentioned causes increase Kapha (biological energy responsible for creating structures) production in body.
- This excessive Kapha weakens powers of Pitta(biological energy responsible for transformations)
- When this increased Kapha & weakened Pitta reaches reproductive system,the increased Kapha accelerates excessive smooth muscle production in uterus.
- But because Pitta which is responsible for healthy transformations is weak, quality of this smooth muscle is not good.
- There is formation of fibrous tissue which is hard & of low quality. Smooth muscles involved in formation of fibroid are also very dense due to increased Kapha.
- Increased Kapha slows down egg production at ovary & weak pitta fails to rupture the egg on time. As a result, the cysts start to develop inside the uterine muscles & these cysts are known as Fibroids.
Ayurveda has a permanent cure for Fibroids. There is no need to opt for surgery when you have 100% natural, herbal formulations that ensure completely recovery plus prevent recurrence. Certain herbs such as Varuna & Gandhari help to directly dissolve fibroids. In addition, there are Ayurvedic formulations that helps arrest heavy bleeding and also regulate the periods cycle.